Have a look to see what we're about.

Re: WELCOME TO ENDURO RIDE

Postby b490 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:38 pm

On the same page as you blokes Fred ......when it come to trail rides

: Try to be reasonably well prepped
: Use some common sense
: Ride within your own limits /ability
: Look out for /help each other
Has been our little "Trail Code " , you might say , for many years .
Simple .......Not friggin' too much to ask
We do a fair bit of riding .........seems to work for us.

Steve ;)
Last edited by b490 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
b490

Postby Fred Gassit » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:45 pm

Amen Steve......... sometimes I'm the fastest.......sometimes I'm the slowest

Most times I'm mid pack, or a bit to the back.

I don't give a toss.

I always have a hoot of a time, and so far.....everyone goes home the way they arrived.

touch wood. :D
IF ANYBODY WANTS ME, I'LL BE IN THE ANGRY-DOME

Image Image
Fred Gassit

Postby Shane » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:06 pm

The main concern is when faceless 'companies' get involved. eg:

Guy goes on organised ride, crashes and breaks back, cant work anymore. Makes a claim on income protection insurance which pays up.... then the insurance company investigates details of the 'event' trying to pass on some liability and re-coup some expense. But companies have more resources than most individuals and even if no liability is passed on, the fight alone can be costly... The poor guy making the claim is doing what he is entitled too (why take out insurance if you don't claim when needed?).

A mate of mine was hit by a car (intoxicated pedestrian), car driver made a claim on his comprehensive insurance. Insurance company paid up, then took mate to court for the cost of repair/admin/legals. The end result was a very expensive pub visit.... he was completely in the wrong stepping out onto the road. But most people assume an insurance claim ends with a payout or denial, that's not always the case.

After saying that, I've been on both road bike rides and car cruises where crashes have occurred (some people just can't help themselves). I haven't heard of any specific cases of organisers being chased for liability or harassed for their promotion of a ride/drive.

But, if we lived life worrying about what might happen or how bad things could be... well we'd never leave home and miss out on living!

As for the forum/communication medium - the basic rule is, if a copyright or infringement is brought to the owners attention - they should act on it. If they don't, they may then face consequences. If they are unaware and/or take appropriate action then there is little recourse.

Cheers,
Shane
Yamaha Garage
2012 YZ250
2010 TTR250
2015 TC85
2011 KX65
Shane

Previous

Return to WELCOME TO ENDURO RIDE